Learning Technology Consultant (Remote) | Noodle Partners
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
Transforming a course into an interactive, engaging online experience is challenging. Making it an exceptional learning experience, even more so. As a Learning Technology Consultant for Noodle Partners, you will work as part of the learning design team to do just that!
You’ll be partnered with a Learning Designer, a Media Developer, and university faculty to transform their course into an exceptional online experience. As the Learning Technology Consultant, you’ll translate the vision of the course, as expressed in the blueprint into an aesthetically pleasing, truly interactive learning experiences in an LMS. In this position, you’ll:
- apply appropriate pedagogy and learning science to the translation of the blueprint’s content into the LMS;
- find opportunities for creativity, wonder and joy, for both the faculty and the student, in the pages you build;
- collaborate with the design team such that all the pages and assets are purposefully laid out and completed on time; and
- ensure that the experience of working with you and the end results please the learning designer and the faculty member.
Learning Technology Consultant report to the Director, Learning and Development.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Learning Technology Consultant will:
- Revolutionize online learning: manage and execute production work relating to the development of LMS course pages for university courses. This includes, but is not limited to bringing the blueprint of a course to life in the LMS; collaborating with the Learning Designer to augment the blueprint where necessary to create an exceptional learning experience; iterating rapidly (rather than batching the work); and keeping an eagle eye on the quality to ensure no errors before the work is reviewed by faculty.
- Apply an eye for efficiency: Analyze the production process and push to make it more efficient each time
- Deliver excellence: We aren’t building every day courses; we’re transforming what it means to learn online. You need to have an eye for excellence and an exceptionally high bar
- Exemplify being a team Player: Engage with your design team to debate and ultimately produce a world class learning experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated experience demanding (and then creating) excellence in online course production and delivery, improving the aesthetic, and transforming the ordinary into an elegant, seamless experience, preferably for higher ed graduate level courses.
- Familiarity with SCORM, graphics and/or web design, and development skills using various tools/software (Articulate, Adobe Captivate, or similar);
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML
Desired but not required:
- Familiarity using audio and visual editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia, Audacity, etc.)
- Familiarity with effective use of AR for remote-based learners
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, intros to videos on course pages
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to support a team working with faculty ranging from the most enthusiastic and inexperienced to the most skeptical and exceptionally skilled.
- Excitement and creativity about the potential of online learning
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and principles of effective online pedagogy
- The ability to master new learning management systems and technology tools quickly
- Knowledge of a variety of evidence-based instructional strategies that promote student engagement and learning
- Creativity, and an aesthetic eye -- we are redefining what excellence in online learning looks like, to build effective paths to learning that no one has seen before
- The ability to assess situations to determine effective learning strategies
- Accountability and a results-driven attitude
- Professionalism and the ability to delight higher education faculty
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
Please apply for this position if you feel that you meet these qualifications!