Live Technical Producer at Vimeo
We’re looking for a Live Technical Producer to join Vimeo’s Live Production team! As a Live Producer, you will partner with our Sales team and Enterprise customers to architect and execute live solutions. In this role, your responsibilities will be two-fold:
- Understanding prospects' live streaming needs and translating how our platform and production offerings could be a fit
- Technically producing live content for our Enterprise customers and internal teams
The Vimeo Live Production Team provides virtual and in-person turnkey production services exclusively to our Enterprise customers. We work on a variety of events including town halls, product releases, concerts, fashion shows, and conferences. In working on these events, you’ll be responsible for end-to-end technical execution of each assigned production for both external and internal clients.
This is not a fully remote position. You will be expected to work some days out of our HQ in NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee end-to-end production of assigned live broadcasts for internal and public-facing events. This includes pre-production planning of each event as well as directing/TDing during the show
- Communicate with internal & external partners to understand the customer’s goals and provide technical solutions for a successful broadcast
- Share your live broadcast expertise with customers by providing training on Vimeo’s suite of software solutions
- Design & build technical workflows for both remote & in-person live broadcasts, while also being able to identify potential fail points and implement backup plans
- For onsite production: lead crew in building technical workflow, collaborate with other production teams, and direct/TD webcast including directing camera operators & audio engineers
- Collect and analyze feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with sales engineering, engineering, and product management teams to meet our prospects’ business challenges and align with Vimeo’s business objectives
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years of professional live production experience
- Ability to function independently and in high-pressure environments
- Understanding of live video production workflows and experience troubleshooting issues in real-time
- Experience representing technical concepts to an audience of varying technical understanding
- Ability to communicate with all levels of partners clearly and professionally
- Ability to work nontraditional hours, including occasional nights and/or weekends based on production scheduling
- At some point in the future: willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally. A valid driver’s license & passport is required
Vimeo is the world’s only all-in-one video solution. Our software enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.