Live Video Support Specialist at Vimeo
Vimeo is obsessed with delivering an amazing customer experience. Live Video Support Specialists are the first point of contact for incoming technical calls and emails. They are responsible for troubleshooting technical issues, driving the product roadmap and helping developers diagnose bugs.
Vimeo’s Video Specialist team values:
- Being an excellent communicator, because treating people kindly can make a big difference. You should be able to gracefully break down, solve, and explain even the most complex problems. You're patient, sympathetic, and understand how to find that sweet balance between customer service and genuine friendliness. You love listening, talking, and working with people makes you happy.
- Understanding the whole business. Great systems aren’t built in a vacuum - they require hard work from extremely smart people across many disciplines and an understanding of how it all fits together. We won’t micro-manage you. We provide you with lots of wiggle room and you must be hungry to learn and grow with the company.
- Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone’s ideas, they’ll be improved upon through collaboration. You get along with others and know how to keep the mood light. Your .gif game is on point!
- Loving live video and production. We are the world’s #1 live streaming platform for businesses and organizations. We help people stream video over the internet. We’ll teach you how to support our products, but you will need to know basic audio and video workflows to be successful in this role.
- 1+ year experience working in customer support and/or account management for live video streaming
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues for live video streaming
- Understanding of the mechanics of live video delivery
- Familiarity with multiple support channels (e.g. help desk, live chat, phone)
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Remains cool under pressure, especially when interacting with high-priority customers
- Proactive and highly organized approach to work
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple accounts at once and on an ongoing basis
- A college degree (a technical degree is a plus)
Location and schedule:
- This position is full time.
- Our Support hours are 9am - 9pm ET, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Our schedule works on a bi-weekly rotation, and your shifts would be either 9a-6p or 12p-9p with every other weekend shifts required.
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories, and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.