Manager, Content and Social Media at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for an experienced social media and content strategist to develop our overall plan across channels and to produce high-quality content, written and visual, to support key messaging across internal and external communications.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of post-graduate, non-internship, experience either in an in-house communications/PR or agency social media strategy function
- Must have a passion for telling important, mission-driven stories with a "people-first" focus
How We Define Success:
- Build guidelines for all communications and messaging - grid to determine voice, tone, channel, etc.
- Propose and socialize strategy for multi-communications, including brand social media accounts
- Launch office hours for internal leaders to run planned program comms through review for internal channel distribution
- Draft messaging, talking points, provide copy-editing support for key initiatives and executive speaking opportunities
- Bring a creative voice and approach to any type of message ranging from employee comms to healthcare member messaging and brand POV
- Develop and maintain best practices for CBH's social media management
- Own internal policies and protocols for content development and employee engagement on social media
- Support crisis communications management
- Provide ad hoc design and video editing support
- Collaborate with marketing on brand awareness efforts
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Social Media strategy experience at a consumer tech or healthcare start-up is a plus
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.