Managing Editor at Resy
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is seeking a Managing Editor, a lead position on our new and growing editorial team. You will be responsible for editing and assigning stories in Resy markets across the globe. As part of the Marketing team, you will report to the Editorial Director and collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders in the Marketing, Product, and Restaurants teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be a leader on Resy’s Editorial and Marketing teams, with the goal of producing smart, timely content across various platforms.
- Edit multiple pieces each day, displaying a strong command of language, as well as integrity and digital prowess, attention to detail.
- Seek out the best voices from around the globe, collaborating with them to create top-of-class content, be it a useful guide, a narrative essay or a provocative feature.
- Be innovative. As Resy’s editorial production ramps up, we want creative thinking.
- Measure performance of editorial content and the impact on KPIs, adjusting tactics and strategies as needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 5+ years of full-time editorial experience.
- You possess a deep knowledge of restaurants and chefs, with a passion for discovering memorable dining experiences.
- You are familiar with the restaurant media landscape, and when it comes to thoughtful content and storytelling, you understand where opportunity lies.
- You are highly organized, with a keen attention to detail.
- You are a skilled communicator and can synthesize feedback and delegate tasks with ease.
- You are an exceptional writer with perfect grammar.
- You excel at time management and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are thoughtful, proactive, imaginative, and collaborative.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurants
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.