Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As Medical Content Manager, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team, producing high-quality medical material intended for the general public. You’ll also manage your own small team of Medical Writers and Health Writers, helping us make Health Guide—Ro’s digital publication—the go-to online resource for medical information.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re someone who believes in the power of medical journalism to shape the health of everyone around the world. You have a passion for communicating to people through the written word, and you’re talented at it. You’re swift at looking up information and you have a keen eye for identifying when something seems off. You understand how information is presented through writing and are able to optimize content in terms of structure, organization, and reading level. You may not know who the reader is, but you know they’re getting the answers they need in a direct and unbiased way.
If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application (yes, we read them)!
What You’ll Do:
- Managing: Each Medical Content Manager is paired with an Associate Editor. Together, the two of you manage a team of 5 writers, assigning articles to your team, medically reviewing each writers’ work, and optimizing all content your team produces.
- Medical Reviewing: Review articles for medical accuracy and completeness. This includes double-checking all sources and providing feedback to the writers. Medical reviewing requires medical intuition to know what is right or wrong without needing to look up every single fact.
- Optimizing: Work with writers and designers to optimize each article, adding new information, making sure everything is well-cited, and including diagrams, images, charts, and other media as appropriate.
- Updating: Systematically review older Health Guide content to update relevant statistics and medical guidelines.
- Creating content: As a member of the Medical Content Team, you will also develop content yourself. This includes writing articles for Health Guide, writing materials for Ro’s other platforms, and giving educational presentations to Ro employees and Ro-affiliated providers about medical conditions.
What You Bring to the Team:
- MD/DO required. Clinical experience (a.k.a. residency) a bonus but not necessary
- Experience writing about medical topics for the general public and ability to communicate complex scientific and medical information to the lay public
- At least 1 year of experience medically reviewing and editing the work of others
- Experience navigating PubMed and familiarity with physician resources such as UpToDate
- Familiarity with SEO concepts (a bonus, but not necessary)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
- Able to work full-time
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.