Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As Medical Content Manager, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team, producing high-quality material intended for the general public. You’ll help us make Health Guide—Ro’s digital publication—the go-to online resource for medical information.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re an individual who believes in the power of medical journalism to shape the health of everyone around the world. You have a passion for communicating to people through the written word, and you’re talented at it. You’re swift at looking up information and you have a keen eye for identifying when something seems off. You understand how information is presented through writing and are able to optimize content in terms of structure, organization, and reading level. You may not know who the reader is, but you know they’re getting the answers they need in a direct and unbiased way. If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application! (Yes, we read them)
What You’ll Do:
- Researching: Work with the rest of the Medical Content Team to identify topics (big and small) to write about. Then, research topics in-depth while relying on scholarly resources for information.
- Editing: Review articles written by the Medical Writers, Associate Medical Writers, and freelance writers for medical accuracy and completeness. This includes reviewing “Medical,” “Lifestyle,” “Ask the Expert,” and “News/Trending” articles and providing feedback to the writers. Editing requires medical intuition to know what is right or wrong, without needing to look up every single fact.
- Optimizing: Oversee several writers and provide feedback on the work they produce. Medical Content Managers work with the writers to optimize each article, add new information, make sure everything is well-cited, and include diagrams, images, charts, and other media as appropriate.
- Writing: Write original copy, although at a lower volume than Medical Writers and Associate Medical Writers. Articles are in the form of prose and get published on Health Guide. Medical Content Managers write the “Medical” articles, which cover topics such as epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Check out some examples here, here, and here.
- Updating: Systematically review older Health Guide content to update relevant facts and figures.
What You Bring to the Team:
- MD/DO required. Clinical experience (a.k.a. residency) a bonus but not necessary
- Experience writing about medical topics for the general public
- At least 1 year of experience reviewing and editing the work of others
- Experience navigating PubMed and familiarity with physician resources such as UpToDate
- Familiarity with writing for SEO and with sites such as Ahrefs and Clearscope (a bonus, but not necessary)
- Ability to communicate complex scientific and medical information to the lay public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
- Able to work full-time
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.