Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As a Medical Writer, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team, producing high-quality material intended for the general public. You’ll help us make Health Guide—Ro’s digital publication—one of the go-to online resources for medical information.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re an individual who believes in the power of medical journalism to shape the health of everyone around the world. You have a passion for communicating to people through the written word, and you’re talented at it. You know how to put pen to paper and come up with information that is empathetic, informative, and rigorously researched, yet easily understood. You may not know who is reading your articles, but you know they’re getting the answers they need in a direct and unbiased way. If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application! (Yes, we read them)
What You’ll Do:
- Researching: Work with the Medical Content Team to identify topics (big and small) to write about. Then, research topics in-depth while relying on scholarly resources for information.
- Writing: Write original copy while translating complex medical information into easily-digestible information. Articles will be in the form of prose and will be published on Health Guide. The Medical Writer will write the “Medical” articles, which cover topics such as epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Check out some examples here, here, and here.
- Optimizing: All Health Guide articles are checked for medical accuracy and completeness by a Medical Content Manager. Medical Writers work with a Medical Content Manager to optimize each article, add new information, make sure everything is well-cited, and include diagrams, images, charts, and other media as appropriate.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree or higher with significant experience writing about medical topics for the general public
- This role is not appropriate for people who only have experience with non-medical writing, regulatory writing, writing for peer-reviewed journals, brochure writing, or creating slide decks
- Experience navigating PubMed and familiarity with physician resources such as UpToDate
- Experience writing for SEO and familiarity with sites such as Ahrefs and Clearscope (a bonus, but not necessary)
- Ability to communicate complex scientific and medical information to the lay public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
- Able to work full-time
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.