Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
As a Medical Writer, you’ll work as part of the Medical Content Team, producing high-quality material intended for the general public. You’ll help us make Health Guide—Ro’s digital publication—one of the go-to online resources for medical information.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re an individual who believes in the power of medical journalism to shape the health of everyone around the world. You have a passion for communicating to people through the written word, and you’re talented at it. You know how to put pen to paper and come up with information that is empathetic, informative, and rigorously researched, yet easily understood. You may not know who is reading your articles, but you know they’re getting the answers they need in a direct and unbiased way. If this sounds familiar, we'd love to hear from you and strongly encourage you to include a cover letter with your application! (Yes, we read them)
What You’ll Do:
- Researching: Work with the Medical Content Team to identify topics (big and small) to write about. Then, research topics in-depth while relying on scholarly resources for information.
- Writing: Write original copy while translating complex medical information into easily digestible information. Articles will be in the form of prose and will be published on Health Guide. The Medical Writer will write the “Medical” articles, which cover topics such as epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Check out some examples here, here, and here.
- Optimizing: All Health Guide articles are checked for medical accuracy and completeness by a Medical Content Manager. Medical Writers work with a Medical Content Manager to optimize each article, add new information, make sure everything is well-cited, and include diagrams, images, charts, and other media as appropriate.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree or higher with significant experience writing about medical topics for the general public
- This role is not appropriate for people who only have experience with non-medical writing, regulatory writing, writing for peer-reviewed journals, brochure writing, or creating slide decks
- Experience navigating PubMed and familiarity with physician resources such as UpToDate
- Experience writing for SEO and familiarity with sites such as Ahrefs and Clearscope (a bonus, but not necessary)
- Ability to communicate complex scientific and medical information to the lay public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
- Able to work full-time
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.