Mid Level UX Writer at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Mid Level UX Writer to join our Technology and Product Team in New York or remote!
- Be the voice of UX Writing in project teams, explaining your rationale to developers, product designers, and product managers. Use creative thinking to approach problems in an innovative way, always challenging the status quo;
- Turn complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling copy considering the brand’s tone and voice, readability, and layout, among other things;
- Write interface copy for all Gympass products. Your work can go from headlines, body copy, calls to action, navigation labels, error messages, onboarding flows and up to FAQs and transactional emails;
- Maintain consistency and storytelling throughout the user's journey within the product;
- Be interested in accessibility basic rules, and investigate how to apply them in your own copy;
- Be an independent thinker and be able to bring in your opinions to constantly improve the voice and tone company’s style guide;
- Work with people across the Gympass’ organization and departments to promote UX writing as a discipline;
- Be confident of your UX knowledge, and always be willing to improve. Approach conversations about usability, accessibility, and research. You understand that writing is just a small part of the job;
- Be proactive and prioritise your own workload. Feel confident to take decisions and initiative.
Interest in planning and moderating collaborative activities, like writing critiques.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re enthusiastic and curious about the possibilities of digital writing. You keep up to speed with all the latest technical and storytelling trends and you take every opportunity to put them into action in your day-to-day work;
- An excellent communicator, that doesn’t need a lot of words or jargons to make a point understandable;
- A constant learner of new trends in UX and research. You can’t stop listening to that Monday morning podcast, and you engage in conversations about these topics like a person who just met their first love;
- 2 years of experience (or more) in UX writing, content strategy, technical writing or in any field that focuses on User Experience (not Marketing or Advertising).
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance health.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.