Municipals Reporter at Reorg
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:34 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission. Alongside global coverage of high yield and distressed corporate credit, Reorg is the market leader in coverage of Puerto Rico’s ongoing restructuring.
We are hiring a reporter to join our established and growing team providing coverage of topical high yield and distressed municipal credits, related litigations and market trends for our subscribers who count on us for sophisticated, up-to-date, accurate information.
The reporter will be responsible for a regional beat and sector coverage focused on financial and governmental disclosures and developments most relevant to the high yield and distressed investor and advisory communities.
The reporter will also draw on industry sources and collaborate with legal and financial analysts to provide insight on changes in the regulatory and legal environment and their potential impact on municipal credits under coverage.
Find out more about Reorg here: https://reorg.com/products/
What we offer
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
- Break news and provide ongoing coverage of high yield and distressed municipal credits within regional and sector beats
- Work closely with a team of experienced journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts on collaborative coverage and writing
- Develop and maintain contacts in the municipal credit market across the buy side, financial advisors, investment bankers and restructuring lawyers
- Attend industry specific conferences and events
- 2+ years’ experience covering the municipal credit markets; credit and/or bankruptcy and restructuring knowledge a plus
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- An interest in and understanding of the municipal credit market, with an appreciation of its nuances
- Action Oriented
- Customer First Mindset
- Effective Team Players
- Driven To Excel
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description