BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Parenting Shopping & Products Editor who has experience writing commerce and parenting content for a full-time position. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that writes service-oriented, entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience. Our posts aim to help readers understand what each product is, all the different ways they could use it, and why it’s great, so they can decide if it’s something they need in their life!
When writing for parents, we are pro-parent in all forms, and aim to build parents up, knowing that the vast majority of them are trying their very best. We’re inclusive of all types of parents (no matter their gender, sexuality, marital status, whether they adopted their children, etc.) and supportive of a wide array of parenting choices (breastfeeding and formula feeding, hospital births and at-home births, etc., although we do not support parents who are anti-vaccination). When or if we feature photos of or cover children, we do so positively and respectfully.
You are an experienced and conversational writer with skill in creating and editing consumer- and shopping-related content in the parenting space, and enthusiastic about our inclusive approach. You’re willing to use and share personal experience within your work. You’ll help our audience of parents discover great products that are relevant to their lives — kids clothes and toys, essential baby items, time-saving kitchen buys, effective cleaning products, helpful books and journals, and more — through fun and informative formats, from thoughtful, in-depth, first-person reviews to voice-driven, entertaining themed roundups. If you’re the type of person who’s always discovering gadgets that make life easier and better, hunting down good coupon codes, and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we’d love to hear from you! Bonus for anyone with experience managing a small team of staff or freelancers or anyone with experience writing branded posts.
BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least September 2021, but this role will be tied to our NYC HQ or LA. Being based in in these locations are ideal for the eventual return to our office (which, we promise, is really awesome), but we will consider all candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Research products parents might buy in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience. This will include both affiliate partners and small businesses.
- Write and edit shareable, unique product roundups and reviews as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides.
- Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics.
- Potentially manage a freelance network and/or small team.
- 3+ years of experience editing and writing for a magazine or website, or exemplary blogging/writing experience about consumer products
- The ability to describe products in both an entertaining and descriptive way
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.