Personal Finance Reporter
About the role…
We want Policygenius to be the home of the best personal finance journalism on the internet, with writing that helps our customers make the smartest decisions with their money. We’re looking for a reporter with a discerning news sense and a high motor to produce that journalism.
The Personal Finance Reporter will come up with stories, report on the most urgent personal finance news and write clear, concise and fascinating stories that help our readers understand the complicated and sometimes strange world of money. This role will report to our Magazine Managing Editor to help create must-read content and find stories no one else is telling.
In this role, you will…
- Conceive of, research, report and write personal finance stories, including news briefs, explainers and features.
- Collaborate with our Magazine team to design and implement strategy for our personal finance content.
- Refresh and optimize our existing library of content to grow traffic to published stories.
- Ideate and execute on great stories, told in a variety of ways.
- Assist other members of the content team with writing and editing as needed — teamwork makes the dream work!
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 1+ years editorial experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- You have excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
- You have demonstrated reporting ability and are comfortable identifying reliable sources — you don't mind calling strangers and asking them questions
- You have knowledge of personal finance fundamentals
- You are familiar with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!