Personal Finance Writer
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for a Personal Finance Writer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have writing experience (preferably in personal finance, investing and/or business), a journalism background and a strong sense of pride in always using the correct version of there/their in all copy(!).
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Detail-oriented with journalism background strongly preferred
- Outstanding editing, grammar and online writing skills
- Experience with data driven and research-heavy articles
- Able to create well written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
- Familiar with Content Management Systems like WordPress and SEO best practices
- Past work in personal finance is a major plus, especially in investing or retirement/taxes
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office