Photo Retoucher at Squarespace
Squarespace is motivated by great design in everything we do, and we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are seeking a Photo Retoucher for our in-house Studio team. You will be responsible for retouching incoming photography assets (internally produced and licensed) and facilitating the delivery of final files to our digital asset management system. This is a hands-on role that will require constant interaction with the Studio team and the larger Creative team. You are an experienced retoucher with a great eye and elevated taste, strong interest in digital photography and design. You are receptive to feedback and great at taking initiative to provide solutions to retouching challenges, sometimes in real-time.
You will report to the Staff Photographer in our New York office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Provide detailed retouching, color correction, and delivery of image files within timelines communicated by Photographers, Content team, and Producers
- Retouch all photography assets including, but not limited to, digital, social and OOH campaigns
- Collaborate with photographer and creative teams on markups
- Maintain digital asset organization - file naming conventions, metadata, and tags
- Oversee delivery of final assets to the digital asset management system (DAM)
- Assist the in-house photographer on shoots as the digital tech as needed
- 3+ years experience working in a high volume retouching house, photo studio or in house production company
- A robust retouching portfolio that demonstrates consistency and proficiency in retouching, compositing, and color correcting
- Comfortable with competing deadlines on a wide range of projects at once
- Experience on a range of retouching including: advertising, editorial and still life retouching
- Working knowledge of all photographic formats and processing skills, including RAW image files, Photoshop, Bridge, and Capture One
- Experience working with a digital asset management system (DAM) and/or maintaining a server file structure
- Willing to help out other studio members when necessary i.e. on shoot sets and helping with equipment inventory
- Knowledge of Final Cut and After Effects
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.