Post Production Assistant (project-based) at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is searching for a Project-Based Post PA to bring technical skills and organization to our Los Angeles and New York Post-Production teams.
- Report to Media Manager
- Post Equipment Pickup/Drop Offs + Runs delivering to producers & editors from the Office
- Ingesting, transcoding, logging, organizing, and archiving media
- Assist with string outs, short-form digital content, and in-video graphics when requested
- Assist Editors and Producers with Post Production Workflow knowledge
- Accomplish various Post Production tasks assigned by Post Management
- Assist in supporting Post Production tech issues
- Track and report Stock Agency Resources
- Create Media Logs + Cue Sheets for completed projects
- Assist in creating exports for Archiving
- Assist Post Production Coordinators/Supervisors in the management of assets and production material
- Must have a reliable vehicle + valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication, related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years working in a professional environment
- Experience preferred but not required with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, and transcoding
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas
- Can complete tasks autonomously and sometimes follow detailed instruction
- Work at at a consistent pace while effectively multitasking
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.