Post Production Fellowship at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Los Angeles and New York Post-Production Fellowship Program. This is a 3 month program where Trainees will learn how to edit videos in the BuzzFeed style and voice. Graduates from the program will be among the first to be considered for freelance projects at BuzzFeed.
This is a paid cohort experience. The hourly rate will be $20/per hour. The hourly rate is not negotiable. However, program graduates can expect to be paid at a higher rate once they are in our freelance editing pool. The program will begin in late March.
- Attend training sessions
- Partner with Video Producers and Post-Production team editing a variety of BuzzFeed video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Stay super organized in and adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or equivalent experience
- Confidence working in Mac OS and Premiere Pro
- Working knowledge of all other Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Basic understanding of balancing and grade coloring, and mixing and leveling audio within Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- An emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
Send us your Reel!
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited (one of the examples may be a current reel).
- Application Deadline = February 7th
- Recruiter Reviews = February 14th
- Review Samples & Select Candidates to Interview = February 21st
- Interview Week = March 2nd-6th
- Tentative Start Date = Monday, March 23rd
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.