Post-Production Supervisor at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Own end-to-end post-production processes for Skillshare Originals. You’ll set and manage post-production schedules, assign projects to editors (freelance & in-house), coordinate with producers, and ensure final video files and assets are delivered on time and ready to publish.
- Drive quality and efficiency for the production team. You’ll evaluate and provide feedback on edits, find efficiencies to improve our systems, and consistently drive our team toward better work and workflows.
- Manage our stable of freelance editors. You’ll find, evaluate, hire, and manage a team of freelance editors to keep our team flexible and ensure we have access to the talent we need to make Skillshare Originals the best they can be.
- Provide technical and data redundancy support. You’ll prep footage from all shoots for editing (ingesting media, organizing projects, and syncing footage) and manage our data redundancy through physical hard drives, Network Attached Storage, and Amazon Web Services.
Why we're excited about you:
- You have strong project management skills with a proven history of creating streamlined processes (you know how to keep the trains running on time)
- You have an expert understanding of Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder, as well as video files and codecs
- You’re familiar with editing best practices and have a baseline knowledge of media ingesting
- You naturally anticipate issues in post and are proactive to address them, collaborating with the wider team when needed
- Experience at a digital media agency or startup, a plus
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be leading the team to streamline and scale our operations – which means we can create more high-quality content that inspires and educates our community.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.