Thrillist is looking for an extremely creative, talented, experienced, and driven Producer to lead new and existing Thrillist franchises. You will be covering everything from the best restaurant to eat in when visiting Detroit, to the best thing to cook on a summer weekend, how to book your next weekend away, and what’s the best watch while you doze off. Food, drink, and having fun are core to everything we do -- we strive to have all the answers about where to eat, where to drink, what to stream, and what to do around the world. We want to help you have more fun (and pizza) wherever you are. If you make a meaningful contribution toward understanding more of what people truly care about and how they live, and do that through informed videos cutting to the heart of what people really love, this could be the place for you.
- Complete ownership over your video projects - it all begins and ends with the producer
- Thorough storytelling over the multitudes of video formats, live studio podcasts and platforms Thrillist engages
- Work with your Senior Producer to refine ideas, plan your pre and post production calendars, and work through all manner of ideation and logistics
- Work with department leaders in the casting process when necessary
- Communicating throughout the department
- Coming in on time and budget with thought of contingency
- Securing locations, releases, etc
- Creating a full ‘wrap out’ after all productions
- Using your personal rolodex in the hiring and management of freelance and staff resources alike
- Creating and maintaining feedback loops per project for all stakeholders
- Selectively working with brands and clients to deliver our editorial product to them within the agreed upon guidelines
- Capable of both giving and receiving constructive criticism and a genuine desire to get better
- An operational understanding of process to create efficiencies and share resources
- Maintaining grace under fire, possessing confidence you have the solution
- Ability to work interdepartmentally, especially with a written editorial team, but also with Sales, Marketing, Events, and Branded teams.
- Intimate knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the Thrillist brand and the language we speak
- 2-5 years experience creating videos for Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat, and other emerging platforms
- Working knowledge of all facets of production (including but not limited to budgeting, actualizing, camera & sound gear, all post production software)
- Experience in outward facing situation, not only within the Video department but Sales, Branded, etc
- Tested and proven skills and leadership on the ground; a production firefighter
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.