Production Coordinator (Contract) at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
What You’ll Do:
- Assist team with production of all e-commerce photo shoots; organize talent, photographers, stylists, craft services, call sheets and day-of coordination.
- Support day-to-day photo studio operations within the in-house studio including but not limited to cleanliness, maintenance & organization – facilitate equipment repairs & maintaining studio supply levels.
- Update studio schedule and inform all studio stakeholders.
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, and talent needs allowing other creators
to focus on execution of content including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements
are going according to plan.
- Work closely with a team of full-time producers, stylists, sample coordinators and freelance crew (models, photographers, stylists, hair & makeup).
- Assist with sourcing e-commerce talent, manage bookings of freelance photographers, stylists, and hair and make-up artists within tight budget constraints and constantly changing shoot schedules.
- Assist with updating talent database and daily productivity metrics.
- Assist with e-commerce production budget; financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, and tracking budget spends.
- Assist with castings for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand.
- Assist Sample and Styling with coordination of racks of stock and samples within the studio to set.
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience (start-up and/or e-commerce environment experience a plus)
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate
- Ability to shift gears comfortably, be flexible with work schedule and be at ease managing various deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and planning skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow-through
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Must be proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate needs and adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships with peers and candidates
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Rent the Runway brand
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with task/timeline management tools a plus