The Dodo is the number one digital destination for animal content and a top five media publisher on Facebook. We are seeking a Production Coordinator to join our growing Original Productions team. This role reports to our Executive Producer of Original Production.
As Production Coordinator, you will provide production support for all original video series across Facebook, YouTube and other social platforms, helping to coordinate all aspects of productions. You will establish new partnerships and maintain existing relationships through close coordination with internal teams. You will have a passion for production management, the willingness to assist in whatever is needed, and be a strong problem-solver with a positive spirit. You enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, but can also work independently when needed.
- Research potential stories and source potential protagonists for show episodes, for example by searching social platforms, and leveraging our existing relationships with animal-related organizations
- Liaise with animal/human partners throughout the preproduction process to maintain contact, collect required assets, explain usage terms and get licensing agreements signed
- Coordinate production logistics, for example obtain signed appearance and location releases, filming permits, etc.
- Maintain relationships with our animal/human partners, providing updates and requesting supplemental follow up footage
- Maintain detailed records of all outreach and status updates in The Dodo’s internal production database
- 1-2 years of experience in production coordination or other relevant experience
- Desire to work for a mission-driven company and a love of animals
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand and a drive to create stories that resonate emotionally with animal lovers
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong social search and researching skills
About the Dodo:
The Dodo is an NYC-based digital media start-up committed to creating entertaining, meaningful animal-related stories – we cover everything from viral videos and animal behavior to rescue stories and advocacy efforts. Our goal at The Dodo is to deliver the most emotionally and visually compelling, sharable animal stories and videos to the biggest number of readers possible to help make caring about animals a viral cause. We are looking for passionate, flexible people who are interested in growing a start-up that we hope will make the world a better place for animals.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.