BuzzFeed is looking for a accomplished and experienced Production Manager to bring their expertise to upcoming branded productions being shot in Los Angeles.
This is a project-based, freelance position with a project rate of $350/day.
- Assist the Supervising Producer/Producer with accomplishing multiple Branded Tasty and Media Brands videos, all in several stages of pre-pro, production, and post
- Help with booking crew, equipment, and locations at the direction of the Supervising Producer
- Help with start packets (including I-9 verification) for freelance crew, time cards, Cashet and petty cash reconciliation, reimbursements, certificates of insurance, purchase orders, and check requests within accounting deadlines
- Create and distribute out call sheets to crew and internal BuzzFeed departments
- Track and log expenses in running Expense Log
- Organize the production shoot folders in Google Drive
- If shooting on campus, organize stage booking and necessary gear rentals with the Studio Ops department
- Maintain Studio Ops-specific production binder to meet their needs prior to shooting on campus, including gear/crew lists and links to concepts and shot lists provided by the Creative Producers
- Set resource syncs and virtual tech scouts with Studio Ops to ensure shoot needs are met
- When filming off-site, will handle research for viable locations options that will work for both the production and meet all BuzzFeed safety standards
- Assess, document, and inform Producer and Project Team once hero product and ingredients has been delivered to location/ set
- Coordinate with Assistant Production Coordinator and Production Assistant to ensure production needs are met
- Help with updates on the Media Brands Shooting Schedule and Google Calendar and ensure they have the most current information
- Monitor Slack channels and flag any relevant action items for the Producer
- Ensure that crew safety is maintained and follow new safety protocols created in response to Covid 19
- 3+ years of digital video production experience, at a Coordinator level or higher
- Must be a strong multitasker and able to prioritize to ensure the most urgent and pressing needs are addressed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with injury/safety protocol and prevention
- Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Smartstart or comparable budgeting and scheduling software, Slack
- Proficiency in Google Suite: Drive, Filestream, Docs, Sheets
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.