Project Interior Designer (Expansion)
Working alongside our design and expansion teams, the Project Interior Designer will be charged with designing new office spaces in upcoming Knotel cities. You will be responsible for preparing design presentations including sketches and material boards, working drawings including construction details, millwork details, and specifications. Your role will cover environmental branding ideation working closely with local Environmental Branding vendors for execution of branding elements. You will be the champion of Knotel's design capabilities worldwide and will clearly manage client projects from conception through execution for multiple cities simultaneously.
What You’ll Do
- Help define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to specific Knotel & member needs
- Collaborate with global teams at Knotel in owning the entire interior design & environmental branding scope for new fit-outs for expansion markets
- Communicate regularly with the sales team in providing customizable solutions for clients needs
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design process
- Interview and onboard Interior Design team in various cities as markets advance.
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You are someone who wants to become a master of design and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty while doing it. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You are incredibly self sufficient, a master of juggling multiple presentations at once, and know how/when to ask for help. You also have the following:
- 5+ years experience preferred in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Excellent sketching and conceptual design skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening and written; including client presentation skills
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil and Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, and was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, and Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.