Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
Merrill Corporation offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative and global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry's best people and the work offers some of the most rewarding challenges. From our focused, energetic work teams to our collaborative, results-oriented environment, cloud technologies and sound strategy, Merrill Corporation values its employees and wants them to know they're part of an industry global leader.
Our Proofreader, Sr reads typescript or proof of type setup to detect any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors. Marks by standardized code and checks corrected proofs. May also check accuracy of dimensions, spacing, and positioning of copy and illustrations.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of proofreading experience
- Ability to work 7:30am -4:00pm.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks and goals.
- Applies advanced skills to the position.
- Adapts procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- May be designated as the lead worker.