Senior Audio Engineer at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton’s Production team is looking for a Senior Audio Engineer who can help oversee the mixing and overall quality of Peloton’s live and on demand content. The ideal candidate has worked in a live broadcast environment and is experienced with audio hardware and software for processing and mixing. Responsible for overseeing daily audio operations of live streaming and on demand content. Has skills to design, build and maintain audio workflows.
- Work with the Content team to maintain audio quality and best recording practices of live and on demand content.
- Responsible for maintaining audio production equipment, including mixers, mics, receivers and transmitters, amps, speakers, etc.
- Skills to design and build audio workflow
- Test and configure new equipment for cloud based workflow
- Work with the Broadcast Engineer to repair and source audio gear.
- Work with the hardware team to ensure optimal and consistent sound quality across multiple devices.
- Communicate with editorial and technical staff to establish production elements and solutions.
- Willingness to train and educate staff on audio principles and proper mixing techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of broadcast productions and signal flow with a strong understanding of broadcast audio boards, RF and wired microphones, intercom systems, and how to properly mic talent.
- Experience with audio standards, file formats
- QC live and on demand content
- Ability to work with outside teams to help produce best audio for live events and new programming
- Possess knowledge of industry standard information of audio for broadcast and live events.
- Experience as a live audio engineer required
- Experience leading teams and processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, troubleshoot and solve problems calmly and quickly, handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed
- 8-10 years of A1 experience