We're looking for a Senior Clinical Terminologist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll help the Health Informatics team manage and maintain the content and terminologies that the Flatiron EHR relies on, including guiding content design for new capabilities and interfaces. You will work with Flatiron’s Health Informatics team to ensure that our data is of the highest quality. In this position, you’ll also:
- Create and maintain content in Flatiron’s clinical terminology service (Symedical) enabling Flatiron Teams to access centralized data for product support and enhancement
- Provide subject matter expertise and tactical support to Flatiron product teams, including for interoperability, use of standardized terminologies, and content mappings
- Harmonize data from external sources to our EMR and manage centralized terminology sets/mappings
- Perform semantic mapping of clinical or administrative data (e.g., laboratory results) to a standard reference terminology or a Flatiron clinical code set
- Manage terminology mapping work, including process documentation
- Maintain and update the centralized content library controlling all of Flatiron’s central data/value sets
Who You Are
You're a clinical terminologist with 2+ years of clinical or laboratory experience. You have excellent communication skills, strong organization skills, and are detail-oriented. You are excited about and not afraid to learn new technologies. You have experience using standard terminologies and have knowledge of interoperability standards. You are motivated and inspired to find novel solutions to health informatics and terminology challenges and are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You hold a degree in Nursing (R.N., A.P.N), P.A.-C., Pharm D. and have 2+ years clinical experience OR
- You are a Laboratorian (B.S. with MLS certification) and have 3+ years laboratory experience
- You have experience with industry-standard controlled vocabularies and terminologies, including LOINC, SNOMED, RxNorm, FDB, and ICD-10
- You have experience working with Symedical (Clinical Architecture’s terminology management system) or another clinical terminology management system
- You have experience working with an electronic health record system, such as Epic, Allscripts, MOSAIQ, Varian, or Cerner
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with HL7 v2, v3, and FHIR
- You are familiar with SQL
- You have knowledge of clinical oncology, oncology data, and oncology related data sets
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics