Senior Consumer Banking Editor
This is an extremely exciting role for an individual that has experience with Writing and Editing in the Consumer Banking/Finance space to lead the charge and use your extensive knowledge of writing, search engine optimization, and analytics to develop compelling content for Bankrate.com's millions of monthly users. The successful candidate will be passionate about creating experiences which engage, influence and educate our users while converting for our advertisers.
In this position you will have the opportunity to build and manage a team of content creators. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience writing and editing consumer banking, with a deep understanding of deposits, CDs, Money Markets, etc. A history of managing a team of writers is a must.
All applicants must have a passion for research-driven content and an analytical bent.
Key activities / responsibilities:
- Directly managing a team of writers wholly focused on providing the most comprehensive Consumer Banking information in the world.
- Assigning, maintaining, and managing a large backlog of consumer banking content.
- Develop a process for managing and executing the content strategy, including leveraging data to inform an approach, developing a pipeline of prioritized content, formalizing a publishing workflow, and creating a budget for freelancers and contractors.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to design measurement, testing and optimization mechanisms and report on the content effectiveness and engagement.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar tied to key themes that support our business goals and marketing plans.
- Develop comprehensive content requirements, content models, and business rules for meaningful content presentation.
Who you are:
- A strategic thinker, able to understand Bankrate.com's business and create new initiatives to drive revenue through personal finance content
- Obsessed with content quality, structure, performance management, and ongoing content optimization
- Knowledgeable about search engine optimization
- Able to balance the need to inform our readers with the critical need to rank first via search and drive revenue
- A leader with terrific communication skills that can serve as an advocate for your team and is comfortable interacting with stakeholders and executives
- A subject matter expert around all things Consumer Banking Deposits, CD's, High Yield Savings, and Money Markets
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience writing, editing, or otherwise working in the world of content
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Omniture