Senior Content Marketing Writer
About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As Clarifai’s first Content Marketing Hire (Sr. Content Marketing Writer), you will be instrumental in launching and leading our strategic lead-gen efforts. You will work closely with the marketing, sales, customer, and product teams to create valuable, educational content for our buyer personas that we will be able to incorporate in full-funnel campaigns that aim to “wow” people in support of our mission to “accelerate the progress of humanity with continually improving AI”. Your love of words, passion for expressing ideas, and ability to connect with your audience will help drive awareness and demand at each stage of the marketing funnel. You will have a huge impact on the world and our business.
You get the opportunity to create and manage a content editorial calendar from scratch. Create eBooks, blog posts, infographics, and videos. Influence social media and overall marketing strategies. Manage other writers. Work with various teams to produce great content. Flex your writing muscles and write for the blog. Write for the website. Write scripts for videos. Be a part of the strategic expansion of marketing initiatives. Strategize and execute on tactical research, lead generation, events and marketing campaigns. You will be a huge part of Clarifai’s growth in an immense scaling period. You’ll get the support you need in order to grow. This role currently reports into the VP of Marketing.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a content marketing writer, editor, or content strategist for a B2B company
- A knack for seeking out story ideas, writing fresh content, and putting a unique spin on pieces
- Strong writing skills and editorial experience preferred; knowledge of the tech space a plus
- Understanding of the marketing and sales funnel. You know TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU
- Experience incorporating on-page and off-page SEO elements in copy
- Experience with Wordpress, Adobe Suite, and AP Style a plus
- A proven history of meeting deadlines, accurate reporting, and excellent time management skills
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Learn about our personas, products, services, and solutions, and be able to speak intelligently about Clarifai and artificial intelligence (we'll help you with that).
- Manage and execute against a content editorial calendar
- Begin drafting your first eBook and blog post
3 months later, you start putting yourself out there. You will:
- Begin building upon and owning the content editorial calendar
- Manage the blog in HubSpot
- Manage another full-time writer
- Partner with our social media team member and digital marketing manager to help launch lead-generating, content marketing campaigns
6 months down the road, you will be more comfortable with monitoring metrics that demonstrate the direct impact of the content you produce.
- Begin to expand upon content marketing efforts. You’ll start managing/updating metrics reports that showcase the impact content has on the business
- Let your inner creator shine. Explore different types of content, different formats, different platforms and suggest innovative ways we could communicate with our audience.
In 12 months, you will expand your efforts and have established a cadence of publishing content and measuring impact.
- Begin owning metrics and leading strategy
- Seek out new ways we can meet our business and marketing objectives through content
- Think about how you could grow your team
In the future, you will continue to establish yourself as a key member of the marketing team by not only making individual contributions as a content marketer, but also working on high-level strategy and process improvement.
Perks and Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- No meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Free snacks, drinks, lunch
- Discounted gym membership