At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
Angi is looking for an experienced Senior Content Researcher to join our Content & Editorial team. We’re building best-in-class digital content for our users and providing in-depth keyword and category research to our writers and editors is a key part of our process. This position may work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work will be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of in-house and freelance Content Researchers and Content Specialists and contribute to the broader content & editorial strategy. You will own our SEO keyword research process, brief creation, content template management, and ideate ways to make our content more in-depth and more engaging than our competitors. You will collaborate closely with our SEO department to uncover content gaps and suggest new topic areas.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow the skills of the content research team through regular training, goal setting, and performance development
- Empower team members to take responsibility for their work by creating workflows and delegating tasks
- Oversee the creation of content briefs to ensure deadlines are met and production goals stay on track
- Manage new content template research, providing feedback and ensuring all stakeholder input is implemented
- Vet and onboard new freelance researchers on an as needed basis
- Brainstorm and pitch new content ideas based on research and data
- Ensure content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online
- Perform relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- Keyword Research
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Content Briefs
- Content Audits & Gap Analysis Reports
- Performance Reporting
Qualities we are searching for:
- Empathetic leader: You have experience managing a high performing team but are not above rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: You enjoy juggling multiple projects and have an eye for subtle differences in closely related topics.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done and can identify ways to optimize your workflow to meet deadlines.
- Passionate & curious: You are someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, has a deep understanding of core SEO concepts, and a drive to constantly learn about new topics.
- Results-driven: You are focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- 3-5 years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web.
- Experience building and managing teams
- SEO knowledge and experience required.
- Demonstrates a track record of improving content for the web and a passion for researching and creating content.
- Experience with industry tools and analytics required: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
- Experience with SEO content briefing tool such as MarketMuse, ClearVoice, or similar a plus.
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Quantitative and pragmatic qualities a plus.
- Excel experience strongly recommended.
- UX or UI for SEO experience and best practice knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $60,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world