Senior Content Writer at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Senior Content Writer will be responsible for writing compelling marketing, communications and promotional materials aligned with Cedar’s brand guidelines, including (but not limited to) blog posts, white papers/research, social content, e-books, and target buyer persona-specific sales collateral. This role is part of Cedar’s marketing team, and will report directly to Cedar’s Content & Communications Director.
At Cedar, we look for candidates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company! The ideal candidate is a strategic problem solver, self-starter and has previously worked in a start-up (or entrepreneurial) environment.
- Write copy for a variety of media and marketing channels, including social, print, video, and online
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs
- Conduct buyer and market research to inform editorial and communications collateral development
- Collaborate across teams to assess project needs and help with messaging
- Constantly look for new and compelling copy presentation
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere
- See projects through the whole creative lifecycle, from inception to deployment
- Bachelor's degree (degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications preferred)
- 5+ years experience in content marketing or copywriting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight timeframes
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Proven record of demonstrating a brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent portfolio of work
- Previous experience in fin-tech, revenue cycle or healthcare a plus
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Senior Content Writer role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.