Senior Copywriter (Digital Marketing) at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:30 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, May 11, 2019
Extraordinary copy gives brands like Teachable the edge we need to stand out to our ideal customers (creators). We’re looking for a Copywriter who knows how to engage and persuade a target audience using emails, website pages, landing pages, and occasionally paid ads or social content. If you love words and know how to use ‘em, we want you on our team!
At Teachable, we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. We need you to help us convince potential course creators to teach what they know—and use Teachable to do it. You’ll be part of the marketing team, a dynamic, highly cross-functional team that is constantly testing and innovating to tell the best possible story to our customers.
This is an important position at Teachable, and a pivotal time in our company's growth. Teachable is growing, and our marketing team is hard at work trying exciting new strategies and projects to keep up with our customers' needs. Your writing expertise combined with your learned understanding of our users’ wants and needs will help us take our marketing efforts to the next level.
This is a full-time in-person position based in our New York, NY office.
Here's what you'll do
- Write effective, engaging, excitement-inducing copy that inspires creators to use Teachable. (This primarily includes email funnels, email newsletters, landing pages, and marketing website copy. It may occasionally include Facebook ads or social media copy.).
- Partner with the email marketing team to design and test email funnels that convert.
- Propose marketing funnel outlines that strategically walk through a user’s journey, thoughts, fears, and motivations.
- Present creative work with confidence, clarity and sound rationale.
- Proofread copy to identify and fix errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Analyze and present findings on your copy’s performance.
- Occasionally assist with projects that involve video, social, webinars, the blog, and beyond.
- Collaborate with marketing team members, designers, product managers, and customer care representatives to deeply understand our customers and learn to speak their language.
- Prioritize and stay organized to handle multiple assignments.
- You have 3-5 years of copywriting experience on a marketing team or with an agency. (Email copy experience is mandatory, but website copy and landing page copy would be ideal.)
- You have experience writing about software, courses, marketing, business, or information products.
- You’ve written emails that convert. You can rattle off examples where your email or landing page copy moved someone to act.
- You are confident in your ability to tell compelling stories that sell.
- You have strong grammar, creative writing, and editing skills.
- You are a collaborative teammate and reliably hit deadlines.
- You have experience running or participating in A/B testing strategies.
- You’re inventive and know how to get the job done even when you hit roadblocks.
- You have a genuine interest in learning more about the knowledge economy, since our mission at Teachable is to empower more creators to monetize their expertise.
- (Nice to have) You have knowledge of SEO and keyword research.
- (Nice to have) You’ve been trained in direct-response copywriting.
So what do you say? Will you join us?
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description