Senior Copywriter (UX) at Betterment
Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.About the Role:
We’re looking for a stellar Senior Copywriter (UX) who can help us create compelling, creative, performance-driven experiences to engage prospects and customers—particularly through web, mobile, and in-app. Sitting on the Creative Team, you’ll be a cross-functional partner who owns our UX writing strategy and execution, the expert on all things messaging.
You’re excited to be a key player in unlocking Betterment’s potential by strategically building our brand into the product experience. You’ve got the innovation and horsepower to bring big ideas to a company hungry for them. You’re fluent in Engineering, Design, Product, and Marketing, yet you can ultimately boil those languages down to real words for real people.
You go deep on brands and have opinions. You’re the sort of person who notices when an error message is both direct and delightful. You have thoughts on the Oxford comma (whether you love it or hate it), and you’re excited to state your case. You’ll fight for the word of your choice, yet know when good is good enough. Most of all, you’re excited to work on a product built to make people’s lives better.
We are hiring in all states except CO.A Day in the Life
- Own our UX writing function, utilizing your expertise to develop message testing plans, drive performance, discover new solutions, and improve on legacy ideas
- Partner with our Web Experience Team to create, iterate, and deliver a compelling user experience across our largest and most important public asset: the website
- Generate and execute customer-centric ideas throughout the experience, partnering with a diverse array of teammates, from designers to financial advisors, to create engaging content
- Collaborate with Creative Team members to ideate new experiences and build upon a culture of innovation, iteration, and excellence in execution
- Bring our brand voice to life in our product and app experience, injecting personality and moments of delight
- Ask surprising questions and cast a critical eye on our user experience, from early-funnel touchpoints seen by millions to quaternary landing pages
- Substantial experience in UX/product copywriting or editing for web and mobile, as well as brand marketing know-how
- Innate curiosity for how people think and how best to drive them to action and understanding
- Comfort with using data to provide informed user insights and create a case for the best idea
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a brief, intuitive way
- Enthusiasm for jumping into different writing projects, even/especially when it’s a bit out of your comfort zone
- A stellar portfolio of work representing your voice, your ideas, and your abilities (even if it's not necessarily what your manager/client signed off on)
- Note: Prior financial experience is not required
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote