Senior Copywriter at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
The role / What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for a creative and versatile copywriter who loves creating content across a variety of media, including email, web, social media, print, and UX. We believe great copy is essential for building our brands, driving engagement, establishing category leadership, increasing leads, and improving patient retention.
This role will be working on building our newest conditions from the ground up and in many ways will be like operating in a startup within a startup. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment (like, really fast) and able to operate and work cross-functionally across brand, product, growth marketing, and retention teams. The ideal candidate is a dynamic copywriter who loves and excels in short-form copy, with a particular expertise in growth marketing copy.Some things you will work on:
- Driving copy strategy for our newest brand launches, developing a credible, trustworthy, and approachable brand voice, and enforcing the brand voice as we quickly scale.
- Executing a steady stream of copy including, but not limited to:
- Short-form ad copy
- Product-focused copy
- Email flows
- UX copy
- Landing pages
- Partnering cross-functionally with growth, CRM, and product teams to ensure we’re moving forward as one cohesive team with consistent messaging.
- Analyzing data to inform copy decisions, measuring A/B test results, and identifying opportunities to reach more people and drive better and better results.
- Collaborating on assorted (and exciting) projects that come up, such as writing copy for an app, naming a treatment, crafting nutrition guides. We’re truly moving fast, which means opportunities are constantly coming up that we can’t predict.
- You thrive when you’re challenged to take mundane and complex topics and make them interesting and actionable.
- You are a skilled writer and content marketer who knows how to generate new concepts and tell stories that drive business results.
- You have a growth mindset, are interested in A/B testing, and are always looking for ways to use copy to drive results.
- You are highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives and prioritize them all effectively.
- You are a team player who’s always excited to take a “quick look” at new copy to ensure it’s on brand, grammatically correct, and using Oxford commas.
- You have 5+ years of experience in copywriting, ideally at a startup/growth-stage company
- A strong track record of writing credible-yet-conversational copy that can engage readers and drives action
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to completion in coordination with appropriate stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging, creative content for multiple channels in a variety of formats
- Ability to set, manage, and deliver on aggressive deadlines
- Experience developing and owning a “voice” for a brand or product
- A true interest in making healthcare more accessible and chronic condition care easier
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors, temps, and interns are not eligible for benefits.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*