The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
The Trade Desk is looking for a Senior Copywriter based in New York to join our global creative team. The ideal candidate will have experience working across a diverse range of projects and media, including digital ads, video scripting and direction, events and promotions, emails, social media, and more. In addition, s/he will have experience concepting and executing best-in-class 360 global marketing campaigns.
The candidate should possess exceptional writing skills, a penchant for transforming briefs into big ideas, and a deep passion for creating work with impact. This person should be a self-starter, able to work independently and also collaborate with other team members and stakeholders locally and across different regions and time zones.
In this role, you will:
- Work hand in hand with an art director to craft creative, thought-provoking concepts for 360º global advertising campaign
- Work with brand and creative development teams – as well as other stakeholders – to translate our brand proposition into a cohesive story with an approachable tone of voice
- Develop copy across a wide range of deliverables, including print and digital ad campaigns, web pages, emails, brochures, events, case studies, video scripts, and more
- Present to C-suite and senior leadership, providing rationale for copy, concepts, and campaign strategy
- Participate in brand development creative strategy meetings and weekly creative reviews
Who you are:
- 6-8 years of experience writing copy for agencies, brands, or in-house marketing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in English, advertising, journalism, communications, creative writing or a related field
- A portfolio of relevant work with a demonstrated ability to think conceptually and bring ideas to life
- Experience developing messaging for a multitude of digital channels, including display, video, and audio
- A natural curiosity to learn about and understand new technologies and concepts
- Ability to make complex concepts relatable and easily understandable for any audience
- Extremely well-organized, with excellent time management skills – able to work under tight deadlines when needed
- History or crafting copy that leads to customer acquisition and engagement – tailored to varying audience segments and stages of the marketing funnel
- Love to learn from data and improve work based on campaign performance
Nice to have’s:
- Experience in the advertising technology space
- Experience in B2B marketing
Must be located in New York
Please provide a link to your portfolio in your application (will not be considered without portfolio website)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.