Senior Copywriter at Squarespace
Squarespace is equally defined by our products and the advertising campaigns that promote and explain them. From the iconic Emmy award-winning John Malkovich work, to last year’s Super Bowl ad featuring Winona Ryder, creating buzzy and beautifully designed communications is a top priority.
As we continue to build our in-house creative team, we’re looking for a senior advertising copywriter who is strategically and conceptually strong, fluent in their craft and able to work across multiple deliverables including TV, print, radio, out of home, social, digital, partnerships and events.
You will report to the Senior Campaigns Manager in our New York headquarters. A portfolio of relevant work is required to be considered.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Develop creative concepts for Squarespace brand campaigns by taking a marketing brief/strategic initiative and telling a story that ties back to a larger business goal in a beautiful, compelling way.
- Work with other Art Directors, Copywriters, and Designers to build a visual world for something and determine how it can live across multiple platforms/media.
- Write headlines, scripts and other content in the Squarespace voice that push the brand forward.
- Have a POV on production trends and directors/production partners.
- Become knowledgeable of the Squarespace product as campaigns work includes product launches.
- 5+ years of experience as an advertising copywriter at agencies, studios or in-house
- A portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video
- Impeccable writing craft
- Broad awareness of trends in culture and technology
- Experience running productions and partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.