Hinge is the fastest growing dating app because we give a damn about people finding love. We’re expanding our Creative Team to continue to build a brand that reflects that passion. As a part of that team, we’re hiring a Copywriter.
This role is for a world-class storyteller and creative visionary who will be responsible for the creation of the written vocabulary of our brand.
We’re looking for someone who others describe as people-centric; a leader who inspires, an individual comfortable making big decisions, a team player who knows the work only happens when people work together. This role will report to the Creative Director.
If you’re someone with a portfolio of creative work and have a nimble, strategic mind to apply that craft, we should meet. You will need to share with us how and where you’ve applied your vision and craft and why you believe it drove business success.
What You'll Do:
- Turn marketing goals into strategic, remarkable Creative that results in increased awareness, growth, and engagement for the brand.
- Collaborate with the entire Creative Team to develop and elevate the Hinge brand throughout all projects and touch-points, including advertising and in app experiences.
- Own the craft of the written and spoken word of Hinge.
- Proactively push the Hinge brand forward through exceptional creative ideas.
- Consistently deliver world class craft.
- Have deep experience writing in a multitude of mediums. From pithy to prescriptive, you will influence everything from product wayfinding to big, brand narratives.
- Approach every project with 100%. No project is underneath you.
- Have an empathetic and contemporary appreciation of dating culture.
- Possess a strong curiosity, ability to deal with ambiguity, work autonomously and a preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Are a kind, well intentioned, and a collaborative team player.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of world-class consumer brand marketing experience with a proven track record of growing lifestyle brands.
- Experience working at hyper-growth, fast-paced organizations.
- Consumer-facing App experience preferred.
- CW/AD teams are welcome to apply together.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.