Senior Curriculum Developer: Dev Ops at Codecademy
We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students who in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 150+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $80m in venture capital funding from top investors including Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
As a Senior Curriculum Developer working on our DevOps content, you would be responsible for leading the research and development of Codecademy's expansion into the DevOps space, developing a strategy around future DevOps content, mentoring Curriculum Developers and third party authors, and reviewing content created by others. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to shape Codecademy's DevOps curriculum from the ground up and help millions of people reach their learning goals.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead development of new content in the DevOps domain, such as Skill Paths and Courses, as well as plan for the future DevOps Career Path. Content would include lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, and outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Lead the DevOps domain where you will develop a larger strategy around what DevOps curriculum means at Codecademy and what kind of content we produce.
- Review, provide feedback to, and mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research industry standards and emerging technology, in addition to educational techniques and philosophies, and apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum, and make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to design, create, market, and improve Codecademy's curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support and Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience and make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to create and improve the content authoring process and tools, and make improvements to our learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a teacher or instructor including experience with writing educational content.
- A strong pedagogical background with formal training on different educational frameworks.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent role.
- Experience with Ops and/or containerization related technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, EC2, ECS, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Linux/Unix OS experience and scripting skills
- Expertise in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or Education.
- Knowledge in infrastructure architecture (hardware, storage, clustering) and networking (firewall, proxies, software defined networking)
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms — race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status — and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote