As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
A Unique Blend of Content Strategy and Data Analysis
Most corporate content teams and their agency partners lack content strategy capability and experience. The Knotch Consulting team can solve for this gap. That’s why we’re seeking an experienced content strategist with that rare blend of strategy with analysis to join us. The strategist identifies the intersection of audience needs and brand priorities that leads to that coveted value exchange and essentially content worth making. The analyst brings together disparate data sources, including Knotch’s content intelligence engine to inform and optimize strategy. You’d bring the best of both worlds.
The Senior Director, Content Strategy
As our next Senior Director, you would focus on constructing a cohesive content strategy that would positively affect user or consumer journeys and audience needs that would be uniquely met by our client’s brand promise.
How you’ll add value at Knotch Consulting
Knotch Consulting will work with Knotch clients to ensure the strategic building blocks are in place to achieve business outcomes. The Senior Director, Content Strategy you will work both in teams and independently on these deliverables, answering these questions:
1. Outcome Planning Framework: How do I align content against business outcomes?
2. Content Vision and Architecture: What’s the role of content, and how should it ladder up to the brand strategy?
3. Content Strategy: How can we document our content strategy, and connect to the customer journey?
4. Technology, Agency, Publisher Evaluation: What is the right content agency, publisher or technology to adopt?
5. Enterprise Content Approach: What parts of the content operation should be centralized?
6. Learning Agenda and Test Planning: What are the questions we need to answer to find content success? What should we test?
7. Content Planning: What content, topics, types, channels should we develop next?
8. Advanced Analytics: How can we connect content engagement to revenue and profit?
You'll be Successful Here If You Have
- Ten or more years of experience in a content-first and client service environment
- Experience in developing content strategies that work paid, owned and earned channels, and that meet audience needs at each stage of their journey
- Excellent oral communication skills
- A first-class collaborator and educator persona
- A professional portfolio of work that showcases the above
- An adept sense of time management to deliver multiple and overlapping assignments
- An innate interest in informing product development with the insights you gather
We Also Appreciate but Don't Require
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- Experience with SEO tools including Google Adwords and Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, DART, Atlas, Semrush and Buzzsumo
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.