Senior Editor - Global Program Content
WW is a global wellness company and the world's leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face Workshops, members follow our liveable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity, and positive mindset. With more than 50 years of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all.
Mission: We inspire healthy habits for real life*
*For people, families, communities, the world–for everyone.
The Senior Editor, Program will work closely with the Senior Director, Global Program on a variety of ongoing projects designed to help members live the program in their everyday lives. This includes but is not limited to print materials in the Workshop, and teaching tools for our incredible Coaches. The Senior Editor will also be a crucial part of the planning and preparation of weekly Workshop topics and food- and non-food-focused innovations. This role will collaborate with the Science, Food Database, and Design departments to be sure all information is accurate, clear, and most importantly, fun to read.
- Write the text for the Weekly, coordinating with Science and Design teams to create something that feels worth coming back to the Workshop for each week
- Consolidate feedback from all stakeholders
- Work with our offshore team to build and push live each week
- Maintain content calendar for all global markets
- Work with international editors in those markets that use our content to make sure they have what they need
- Work with Science to write, build, and deploy the Weekly Topic article (the digital version of the Weekly)
- Work with Science to write, build, and deploy the monthly Coach Guide
- Work with the Senior Director of Global Program Content on new materials for the 2020 innovation, including the Program Guide
- Work with staffers in the field to update site content such as FAQs, Orientation Guides, etc
- Other writing and editing as assigned, which could include additional reporting/writing/editing for our member and/or visitor sites
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or English
- 3-5 years relevant professional work experience, preferably in a wellness-related field
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Cross platform writing skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines at once
- A sense of humor is a plus
Our organizational values are:
Stay Curious Win Together Act Boldly Make a Difference
We don't just pay lip service to these values-we make them a part of everyday life in our organization, as we know that they are vital in maintaining Weight Watchers' position as a successful business and a great place to work. We bring these values into our recruitment process, and actively search for individuals who can demonstrate these values in the way they work.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Plus, the resources to locate services including child care, legal services, pet care and more
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.