Senior Editor, Skimm Picks (Commerce / Recommendations) at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time Senior Editor, Skimm Picks (Commerce / Recommendations) to communicate theSkimm’s mission to our audience in multiple formats. Reporting to the Senior Director, Branded and Commerce Content, you’ll grow our new “picks” vertical (aka commerce and recommendations), and oversee theSkimm’s picks newsletter, Press Pause. You’ll develop content strategy for our commerce, affiliate, and picks efforts, and work cross functionally to innovate and grow the newsletter.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Develop strategy for our “picks” vertical (commerce, books, and entertainment)
- Build editorial calendar for picks, and our Press Pause newsletter
- Oversee weekly production of Press Pause
- Strategize with social and marketing teams to grow Press Pause
- Work cross functionally with product and marketing to innovate the Press Pause newsletter
- Manage two writers and edit all picks content
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7-10 years of experience working in lifestyle digital media
- 3-5 years in commerce/affiliate content
- Experience working on a newsletter for a digital media company
- Excellent writer with the ability to write in the voice of a character
- Expert knowledge of media trends and innovation on web, video, social, and audio
- Passionate about theSkimm and its mission
- A self-starter and a team player
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Being a commerce and product junkie
- Experience in media development and strategy
- Experience growing a newsletter
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.