Fluent is a leading performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
Fluent is looking for an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, and incredibly savvy Senior Editor to help evolve our rapidly growing Media Brand - The Smart Wallet; a website dedicated to teaching our readers how to save money, earn money, and take better control of their finances.
As Senior Editor, you must commit the pillars of our content strategy: brand trust, making money approachable and creating expansive and engaging evergreen content. The Senior Editor will work closely with the Lead Product Manager, Brand Manager, and Platform Strategist in our mission to become the fastest growing Media Brand in the US. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative team rethinking what the growth of a Media Brand and what content monetization looks like. This person must be willing to start as an individual contributor and grasp the opportunity to build a team of A-players to assist us in our mission.
The Smart Wallet team is unapologetic about our strict guidelines for A-players only. We are a passionate and fun group of people looking to genuinely educate our readers on how to improve their finances and take control of their financial life. We scour the internet to find the best and most innovative offers and products and create fun and engaging content to connect our readers to them directly on the world’s largest digital platforms. We monetize our content exclusively with direct advertiser partnerships - no networks, no display inventory. This creates a superior experience for our readers, a must-work-with brand for financially minded digital products, and an easily scalable internet business model. As a team, we lean on instinct as much as we do data to drive our creative and growth decisions. As Senior Editor, you will be expected to do the same.
What drives you should be a desire to understand readers and continually improve how we help them, in whatever form that takes, whether it be our current guide format, a video, a bulleted list, or an as-yet-undetermined form of communication. You should have strong opinions on what “great” looks like, both in making product recommendations (our content) and how it is communicated (our presentation). We are reinventing digital product recommendation journalism, adding intelligence, data-backed decision making, intimacy, and integrity.
- Determine what great work looks like, from ensuring that we make the best recommendations to creating & writing compelling, reader-centric editorial
- Drive audience development and growth, ensuring that we create coverage that both extends our reach and creates loyal superfans who turn to The Smart Wallet for every financial decision
- Breaking down complex and innovative digital products into simple, engaging and digestible content in both creation and direction
- Partner with other strategic team members, from Product & Operations to Analytics, to best inform your content strategy and direction
- Mentor and develop Writers, Copywriters, Content Strategists
- Be data-conscious when curating and directing new content: using an understanding of the past to dictate the successful content of the future
- Being an energetic, ambitious, creative, and amiable team player that everyone wants to and enjoys working with
- Minimum 4 Years of Experience as a Senior Writer or Editor at a successful digital website or publication
- Track record of overseeing compelling editorial in digital across text, photo, video, and social
- Ability to recruit, retain, and motivate, with a willingness to delegate
- Experience working with data-driven engagement metrics to determine successful content
- Willingness to work out of the NYC office
- Wordpress Experience preferred especially during the early stages of the job
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company