At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Senior Editor at TpT, you’ll be responsible for driving engagement strategies for our broad and diverse audiences of educators and those who support them (e.g. teachers, administrators, and parents). This role will help set and maintain the caliber of copy for many of our customer-facing properties and publications – including marketing pages, blog, social and email channels, and more – with a strong focus on delivering sharp, engaging content and data-driven results. The Senior Editor will be adept at partnering with multiple internal stakeholders to produce and curate content to meet our priority business and community needs.
- Set strategy for our editorial content calendar in a way that marries our audience preferences and needs with our brand and business priorities
- Lead brand editorial initiatives and drive the creative/copy outputs necessary for success
- Create and manage new operations, including building and maintaining a content pipeline, that help maximize internal resources in order to meet production goals
- Collaborate with our Seller operations team in evolving our diversity and inclusivity framework and increase the types of range of educators and experiences represented in our marketing
- Create a new voice and tone guide for our evolving brand and its new product launches
- Partner with social, content marketing, and external writers to set and maintain editorial standards
- Provide ad-hoc and ongoing copywriting and proofreading services as needed
- Maintain awareness of and proficiency in current education trends
- 5-7 years of marketing and/or editorial experience
- Evidence of strong project management skills
- Excellent in writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- An innovative approach to content beyond written skills, including experience with visual, video, and experiential marketing
- Track record of producing content and executing on projects with speed and agility
- Experience building new teams and processes
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.