Senior Editor at Policygenius
About the role….
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class personal finance content that helps readers get their money goals done right. We’re on the hunt for a Senior Editor to oversee day-to-day production of Easy Money, our growing editorial newsletter. This is an exciting opportunity to help build — and grow! — a best-in-class personal finance brand and an engaged community of readers.
In this role, you will…
- Edit each issue of Easy Money for quality, accuracy, brand voice and tone
- Supervise a small team of editors, brainstorming, assigning and ensuring on-time production of supplemental features, interviews and bonus content related to the Easy Money brand
- Help build our editorial production calendar and optimize the newsletter’s workflow
- Monitor newsletter performance, identifying, suggesting, and implementing content strategy adjustments where and when necessary
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to execute on large-scale editorial projects
- Write stories as needed
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of editing experience with at least 2+ years experience managing staff editors, writers and freelancers
- You have superior editorial judgement, attention to detail and organizational skills
- You have proven track record of creating clever, polished and engaging content — and a knack for writing superior subject lines and headlines
- You have the ability to plan ahead and meet short-term and longer-term deadlines
- You have a knowledge of AP style
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!