Senior High Yield Reporter at Reorg
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:47 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Reorg, the world’s leading provider of intelligence, analysis, data and breaking news for distressed debt markets, is seeking sharp financial journalists for an exciting expansion in our high yield market coverage. Based in New York, the reporter will collaborate with a team of journalists as well as financial and legal analysts, and will focus primarily on producing source-driven coverage and scoops on topical companies in the high yield market.
The reporter will leverage data and all available market sources to identify companies and situations of interest to sophisticated fixed-income investors, hedge funds and the advisory community.
- Break news, develop deeper coverage and monitor and report on high yield and distressed borrowers in the US market
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the credit market, as well as industry participants, bankers, legislators, etc.
- Identify issues (eg, change in supply/demand dynamics, legislation) that could impact a set of companies or industry, and develop into trend pieces
- Follow industry developments through conference attendance, study of trade and other technical journals; attend relevant conferences and events.
- Debt capital/Credit markets and/or industry beat experience are highly desirable
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple priorities
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description