Senior Manager, Content & Editorial at Angi
At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
Angi is looking for an experienced Senior Editorial Manager with excellent management and organizational skills to join our Content & Editorial team to oversee our content production process. We’re building best-in-class digital content for our users and looking for an experienced manager who can keep our team motivated and on task. This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you’ll oversee our Content Research & Merchandising team: made of project managers, content producers, researchers and content specialists who are responsible for identifying what makes content best-in-class and ensure content is continually updated and published in our CMS.
You will oversee day-to-day content production, as well as be primary point of contact for CMS improvements, content research projects, and other projects to iteratively improve content quality. Expertise in people management, project management, and data analytics is a must in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Measure and track content quality and performance on a range of metrics to ensure we’re building best in class content experiences.
- Regularly brainstorm new content improvement ideas and work with project managers, researchers, and producers to execute projects on deadline and on budget.
- Assess competitors’ content and use that knowledge to inspire improvements to our own content library.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Content & Editorial, ensuring efficient and harmonious collaboration between teams.
- Manage team members and freelancers to ensure production goals and core KPIs are being met.
- Collaborate with SEO strategists and analysts to uncover new content, improvement opportunities, and implement tests.
- Create regular reports on content production and content improvement projects to share with Directors and VPs.
Who you are:
- Empathetic leader: You have experience managing and mentoring a high performing team but are not above rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Process-Oriented: You have experience ideating and implementing best workflow practices to improve efficiencies
- High ownership: You celebrate the successes while also taking on the losses as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- Digital Native: You understand the core principles of good web content and what factors play a role in achieving rankings.
Skills & experience needed for success:
- 8+ years content and editorial experience
- Experience with headless CMS solutions a plus
- Experience managing large editorial teams (distributed team a plus)
- Experience building content workflows and processes across full-time and contract workers
- A passion for building authoritative and evergreen content experiences
- Extensive experience working alongside product and other internal stakeholders to drive success
- Knowledge and working experience with BI and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Omniture, SEMRush, Ahrefs, STAT or other
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000 - $120,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world