Senior Manager, Fashion Operations at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Fashion Operations team leads initiatives that are essential to evolving our inventory lifecycle and merchandising operations, with a main functional focus on merchant systems and liquidation expansion.
This role operates at the intersection of the merchants and planners, warehouse operations, product, engineering, and third party vendors to drive forward an ecosystem for managing our product, which is adopted by teams throughout the organization. You will be responsible for making sure process and system decisions are made in a way that sets up Rent the Runway for long-term, successful, sustainable growth.
You will need fantastic organizational and communication skills, technical skills, as well as a passion for process improvement and thinking outside the box. It’s your role to help create a seamless merchant and vendor process and create a path to our future vision. This will require you to think big and be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases reinvent how we operate.
What you’ll do:
Act as a key merchandising & planning business stakeholder on projects that support our inventory integrity, procurement operations, and product catalog.
- Prioritize needs for technology teams based on input from merchandising, planning and Ops stakeholders and communicate regular updates to senior stakeholders
- Own the third party relationships and systems on projects to scale our procurement operations, including the system rollout for OMS, royalty payments, and EDI/ASN technology
- Provide third party guidance on data conversion and mapping decisions. Understand the underlying data elements, constraints, flows and sources supporting our business
- Partner closely with the liquidation business manager, tech, and operations to test new concepts and launch new processes to multiply our channels of distribution
Concept and drive innovation in workflows and lead change management as we multiply the number of internal and external systems the merchandising team uses day to day.
- Develop workflows and communications across internal teams during onboarding of new systems and develop training and documentation to ensure ongoing adoption
- Partner with Product and Engineering to translate integration requirements with internal systems
- Implement best practices for product data integrity and maintenance across merchandising, inventory, and financial systems.
- Ensure successful integration of creative and production asset tools with merchant systems and workflows, including third party PLM and asset management software
- Drive innovation in posting operations, editorial, and sample management processes to reduce costs while meeting business needs across teams
Scale our vendor relations program with new platforms and systems for seamless vendor, item, category, and order management.
- Lead projects and new tools to improve data exchange between vendors and RTR to ensure accuracy and integrity of our product catalog
- Lead operational initiatives for vendor compliance that require IT/Security support, including a chargeback program and vendor extranet
- Lead vendor programs that support innovation in processes at RTR, including category expansion, bundles, and garment quality requirements
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or MBA
- You have 6+ years of experience, preferably in a merchandising, operations, or consulting function that has involved project management implementing related systems or processes
- You have experience playing a leading role in one or more third party solution integrations with internal systems
- You have experience or understanding of at least one key product management system, including PIM, PLM, OMS, ERP, or DAM
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- You are passionate about continuous improvement and can incorporate changes to both tools and processes to drive optimal results
- You love building scrappy solutions when needed while continuing to work towards more long-term and scalable tools
- You enjoying learning new tools and workflows, become the subject-matter-expert quickly, and are a go-to resource when considering process decisions
- You are able and willing to travel to our warehouse in Secaucus, NJ as needed
- You have strong Excel skills, VBA a plus
- You are comfortable with complex metadata and taxonomy concepts. You have a familiarity with databases and being comfortable with SQL is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.