Senior Managing Editor at Policygenius (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About the role…
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class content that helps readers get the financial protection they need and feel good about it. The Senior Managing Editor will help build and edit our library of life insurance content and insurance company reviews, leading a team of staff writers and collaborating with counterparts in our Home and Auto insurance verticals. This person will level up our content by designing strategies that improve search-traffic performance and better serve readers on their insurance buying journey. This role will report to the Director of SEO Content.
In this role, you will…
- With the Director of SEO Content, own the growth and optimization of the best life insurance content on the internet
- Manage a team of writers, setting the editorial calendar to plan, assign, and edit multiple pages per week
- Oversee day-to-day content production, along with bigger-swing projects like data-driven stories and new initiatives that showcase our life insurance vertical and reviews library
- Work with our internal SEO and Product teams to drive our strategy for growing organic traffic and guiding readers as they research and shop for insurance
- Use data to track metrics, report on performance to the broader company, and make informed decisions about content strategy
- Manage competing priorities for traffic, revenue, UX, and editorial quality; you love the challenge of finding the win-win
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years experience managing staff for a digital publication; adhering to an editorial calendar; assigning, writing and editing stories; and optimizing content for multiple objectives, all while maintaining editorial integrity
- You have a passion for making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even fun to read
- You’re a thoughtful manager with a history of helping mentor and motivate your team, while providing pathways for their growth
- You’re familiar with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- You’ve got analytical and editorial sensibilities — you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and accessible
- You’re collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you thrive working cross-functionally
- You’re equally comfortable thinking about big-picture strategy and rewriting a meta description or lede
- Experience with reviews content a plus
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius transforms the insurance journey for today’s consumer, providing a one-stop platform where customers can compare options from top insurance companies, get unbiased expert advice, buy policies, and manage their insurance portfolio, all in one seamless, integrated experience. Since 2014, our content, digital tools, and experts have served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journey, and we have sold more than $120 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, which brought our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Even with our rapid growth, we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!