Thrillist is seeking a creative, talented, experienced, and driven Senior Producer to lead several Thrillist franchises covering everything from the best restaurants to dine in while visiting Detroit, travel tips on booking your next weekend getaway, and what’s the best TV show to watch while you doze off. Food, drink, and having fun are core to everything we do -- we strive to have all the answers about where to eat, where to drink, what to stream, and what to do around the world. We want to help you have more fun (and pizza) wherever you are.
If you are looking to work with a group of people who help influence and make a meaningful contribution toward how our audience enjoy their lives, through informed videos cutting to the heart of what people really love ... well, this could be the place. That’s our ideal candidate.
- Supervise the producers of several franchises to ensure all videos we create are in line with the Thrillist tone, style, and best practices
- Be hellbent on making sure all our videos are just damn good and accurate
- Ideate original, engaging stories that cut to the heart of what is relevant, delicious, and fun in people’s lives. Inspire others to do the same
- Expertly manage your team’s time while ensuring everything is running smoothly and efficiently. Assign tasks and deadlines to drive this
- Don’t just stop at your team! Come up with amazing ideas, constantly, across multiple teams
- Be able to skillfully frame local and personal stories for a national audience
- Have an extreme (like maybe even a little too extreme) eye for detail, and a specific emphasis on the most important parts of a story: the arc, the visuals, the copy, the headline, and the formatting
- Work directly with the Supervising Producer, Head of Video, and Editorial Director to set the team's strategies, and produce the most interesting and impactful content possible
- Use reporting tools (such as Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Facebook Analytics, and custom dashboards) to analyze traffic and SEO data to inform strategy and decision making
- Work with all of our producers, editors, and writers to pitch great stories, and turn good ideas into great ideas
- Provide a better day for literally everyone who watches what we create
- A strong on-the-ground producer who can work with other producers to make them better
- Manage personnel decision on the team(s) you’re responsible for, including time-off requests, performance reviews, leading the hiring process, and recommending termination in the event a team member isn’t meeting the company’s goals
- 3-5 years production experience at a large scale digital media publisher or similar
- Experience coaching producers to work extremely well with freelancers and a writing department
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Familiar with operating DSLR cameras
- An ability to be communicative, creative, analytical, and flexible at the same time
- A deep and passionate knowledge our coverage areas (food, drink, travel, and entertainment) scene that never even comes close to snobbery
- Familiar with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage
- Deep understanding of the Thrillist brand and lifestyle
- Openness to constructive criticism from peers and managers alike
- Experience recruiting and managing a large stable of freelance producers, editors, writers, and shooters
- Familiarity with Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite programs and basic troubleshooting methods
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.