NowThis creates news content for the social, mobile generation by informing, entertaining and inspiring its audience about what’s happening and important in the world right now. Launched in 2012, NowThis is the #1 social news brand in the world with more than 2.6 billion monthly views. NowThis has eleven content verticals, including: News, Politics, Entertainment, Future, Her, Money, Sports, Food and more. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo and Seeker to form Group Nine Media.
NowThis is looking for a Senior Producer based in NY for a daily live morning news show. Working with the #1 video news brand on the social web, you’ll be creating content for the social, mobile generation by informing, entertaining and inspiring our audience about what’s happening and important. This role will report to the Executive Producer.
- Responsible for supervising the production of a daily, live news show
- Will work closely with the Executive Producer to develop and execute the vision of the show
- Demonstrated track record of editorial excellence
- Strong news judgment with keen instincts on what works on social platforms
- Must be able to generate ideas for segments, guest bookings and future programming
- Control room experience a must
- Prior supervising and leadership experience
- Supervise and copy edit all scripts
- Strong writing and communication skills
- 5+ years live news production in digital media preferred
- Breaking news experience a must
- Strong understanding of social media and video platforms
- Prior experience managing and mentoring a plus
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.