Senior Reporter/Lead Trainer at Reorg
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:28 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, July 29, 2020
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks, consultants and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
- Identify and study new trends and developments relating to the financial restructuring of companies
- Collaborate with financial and legal analysts and other reporters across multiple sectors and geographical areas to share information and insights on stories, trends, and events
- Cover high yield and distressed credit markets, financial restructurings and bankruptcies, across multiple geographies
- Leverage an established source base including hedge fund managers and analysts, financial advisors, restructuring lawyers, traders and sponsor and coverage company representatives for stories
- Mentor junior reporters and assist manager in their development
- Generate leads on a daily basis and produce at least three (3) source-driven stories per week on deadline; maintain coverage of no fewer than 10 credits at any time
- Research and write analysis, commentaries, etc. including longer in-depth articles on specific issues and current events affecting the distressed debt, event-driven and leveraged finance markets
- Train new hires on all systems, editorial processes and procedures used on the reporters team, including company website, Trello editorial board, CMS publishing system, Slack (function of reporter specific channels), identify breaking news, updates and regular stories per company standards, how to write up earnings stories, double source information and contact all parties referred to in stories for comment before publishing
- Must present results verbally and in writing
Education and Experience Requirement
- Requires a Master’s degree in Journalism or Related Field and two (2) years of experience in job offered or two (2) years of experience in the Related Occupation
- Identify and study new trends and developments relating to the financial restructuring of companies;
- Collaborate with financial and legal analysts and other reporters across multiple sectors and geographical areas to share information and insights on stories, trends, and events;
- Research and write analysis, commentaries, etc. as well as longer in-depth articles on specific issues and current events affecting the distressed debt, event-driven and leveraged finance markets; and
- Develop and maintain relationships with key representatives from hedge funds, investment banks, and capital markets and leverage relationships to collect information on trends and stories.
Financial Reporter or any other job title performing the following job duties:
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description