Senior Social Media Manager at Peloton
Peloton is hiring an experienced Senior Social Media Manager to join our dynamic, Member-focused social media team in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity that offers varied, hands-on work and the flexibility to learn, grow, and develop in the constantly changing landscape of social intelligence. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to major moments for our brand, and drive real results around engaging our Members.
We’re looking for someone with a special focus in executive communications, who thrives on creating strategies to develop individual voices and build on existing thought leadership. You must be an engaging communicator with the confidence to interact at all business levels across the organization, and who can easily translate specialized concepts for any internal audience. Please have a keen attention to detail and a knack for optimizing and creative solutions, and be excited about developing a deep sense of the brand and what motivates our community. We want someone with a specific passion for this specialized area of work, who can also manage multiple projects to support the Director of Social Media on larger strategic initiatives and to help grow and develop our brand’s practice on social media overall.
- Develop or support the creation of effective, high-impact communications and written materials, including social posts, byline articles, talking points, media briefs and emails, aligned with Peloton’s strategic priorities and reflecting our executives’ voice and style.
- Maintain a master calendar of all executive communication activities, provide recommendations on timing of important announcements, and ensure alignment with the larger communications and social calendar.
- Develop relationships with internal leaders to stay abreast of content creation and messaging opportunities on behalf of the executive team.
- Define and manage key processes and develop models for how executive messaging is integrated companywide with Communications, Membership, Social Media, and Marketing teams.
- Create and maintain processes to measure the effectiveness of communications messaging and campaigns on executive communications channels and own performance KPIs for those channels.
- Within the Communications and Social Media teams, provide leadership and general social strategy insight on select campaigns and projects, contributing to the work of the social media team more broadly.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in communications, marketing or similar, or substantial experience in social media and communications.
- Experience in communication strategy/campaign development and execution in a global and fast-growing organization.
- Ability to work confidently with C-level executives and other stakeholders at all levels.
- A knack for narrative storytelling and learning and developing a voice on social media.
- A working background in social media analytics and strategy, and experience presenting social media strategy and results to senior stakeholders.
- Broad familiarity with social media communities, networks, and tools.
- Exceptional time-management and task-management skills.
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google suites,in particular spreadsheets, presentations, documents.
Bonus points if you have:
- A love of developing innovative, effective messaging across different channels and using different tools, including video, emerging digital/virtual tools and social media.
- Ability to quickly turn around high-quality and impactful copy and visuals.
- Experience in developing and mentoring junior employees, and working collaboratively with team members at all levels.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.