Senior Underwriter, Workers' Compensation
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Senior Underwriter you are someone from a large casualty insurer or broker that has experience with underwriting workers' compensation programs. As a Senior Underwriter you will analyze and evaluate workers’ compensation insurance risks to write, retain, and grow a profitable book of business. In addition, you are also someone that can quickly hit the ground running and enjoys being in a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture. If you want to continue your career in a complex but rewarding environment this position is for you!
What you'll do
- Apply sound, creative underwriting and business judgment in the timely analysis and evaluation of workers' comp insurance risks
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, and carrier
- Prepare and run group training sessions for the underwriting team
- Participate in department projects and special assignments
- Help improve reporting and metrics around the underwriting process and program health
Who you are
- 4-Year College Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 5-10 years of Workers’ Compensation and underwriting experience
- Large account insurance brokerage or property & casualty carrier experience
- Experience creating and presenting training for underwriters
- Insurance certifications are a plus (i.e. ARM, CPCU)
- Research and technical data reporting experience is a plus
- A self-starter who enjoys an entrepreneurial environment and wants to help build something meaningful
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.